The initiative was started back during COVID-19 period. Our team initiated the events with the objectives to :
- Improve the lives of the underprivileged and marginalized by providing them with their “daily bread” and to end hunger in our city.
- To provide free meals and dry rations to families in need daily in Melaka, and to assist and advocate for solutions to end poverty
- Rights Based – We believe that food is a human right.
- Evidence-based – Our actions are informed by evidence and form impactful solutions.
- Creative – We continuously pursue new and refined solutions to serve the needs of our communities.
- Equitable – We embrace diversity of thought and actions and prioritize voices of those affected by poverty.
- Accountable – Commitments we make are commitments we keep.
HOW IT WORKS
We secure donations from food and grocery manufacturers, retailers, shippers, packers and growers and from government agencies and other organizations. Our staff works closely with the partners to match excess food with the food banks that most need it.
Shipping and Storage
Our food bank receives and safely stores donated food and grocery products.
The food banks distribute food and grocery items to families, children, seniors, and individuals at risk of hunger. Needy may collect at the meals at our hemodialysis center or request for doorstep delivery services.
Activate Our City
Provide inspiring opportunities for everyone to participate in our mission through giving, volunteering and advocating.
Mobilize communities to advocate for system changes that will positively impact those experiencing poverty.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE?
- We receive all form of donation in term of monetary or goods. Click the “Donate” button to donate in term of monetary. If you are looking to donate in terms of good, please contact our hotline number (017 673 3008).
- Be our volunteer. Please contact our hotline number (017 673 3008).